Telehealth, which is also known as Telemedicine.Telehealth is the use of communications technologies to provide health care from a distance. These technologies may include computers, cameras, videoconferencing, the Internet, and satellite and wireless communications. Some examples of telehealth include:
- A “virtual visit” with a health care provider, through a phone call or video chat
- Sending your provider a message through your electronic health record (EHR)
- Watching an online video that your provider sent you
- Getting an email, phone, or text reminder for upcoming visits
A growing number of people are opting for telehealth to meet their mental health care needs. Online therapy enables an individual to meet with our therapist from nearly anywhere in the world, so long as they have a stable and secure internet or phone connection.
Online therapy has also been called teletherapy, distance counseling, telemental health, and internet therapy.
Some of the benefits of telehealth include:
- Getting care at home, especially for people who can’t easily get to their providers’ offices
- Getting care from a specialist who is not close by
- Getting care after office hours
- More communication with your providers
- Better communication and coordination between health care providers
To participate in Telehealth appointments from your home, you need one of the following devices:
- Desktop computer with a webcam and speakers
- Laptop computer with built-in webcam and speakers
- Tablet device with built-in webcam and speakers
Our approach gives you the ability to take control over your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors, leading to improvement in the quality of your life and relationships.
How can we help you?
Our goal is to help you move toward wholeness and develop strategies for enjoying what is rich and unique about you and your life. We all have basic automatic thoughts that, when triggered, evoke strong emotions and some times unconscious responses. By identifying the internal resources you have, we assist you and your family in building strategies for managing change, facing challenges, and moving toward healing.
Counselors Le Tisdale, MFT and Nancy Missildine, MFT have over 45 years of experience between them in the areas of family and individual therapies, with specialties in: